The Missouri Baptist Foundation Board of Trustees established the Fellowship of Christian Stewards in 2001. The trustees wanted to present examples of Christian stewardship. Individuals who exhibit transformed lives through whole-life stewardship (talents, time and treasures) are nominated as models to challenge the Christian community. Those selected for the Fellowship of Christian Stewards encourage others to follow their example. The Apostle Paul said, “Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.” (1 Corinthians 11:1)
Do you know someone that is a good example of Christian stewardship? Here are the qualifications and categories that our trustees consider for nomination of the fellowship.
Core Qualities for Each Model Nominee:
- Follower of Jesus Christ
- Whole-life Stewardship (time, talents, and treasures)
- Servant Heart
- Humble Spirit
- Sacrificial Attitude
- Nelson Fellow: A faithful, mature individual that exhibits whole-life stewardship through many years of Christian service.
- Charitable Giving: An individual or couple that consistently models generous, sacrificial giving from the treasures God has entrusted – whether great or small.
- Estate Stewardship: An individual or couple that plan wisely to provide for missions and ministry through estate gifts (such as, wills, trusts, charitable gift annuities and other forms of legacy gifts).
- Vocational Achievement: An individual honoring God through significant contributions in his/her vocational career.
- Ministry Achievement: Individual(s) that identify community or mission needs and actively responds to meet those needs through the gifts of their talents, time and/or treasures.
- Emerging Leader: Next generation young adult (ages 18-29) modeling whole-life stewardship through missions or ministry.
- Junior Achievement: An elementary, middle or high school child(ren) modeling whole-life stewardship through missions or ministry.
Nominations for the 2018 class of Fellowship of Christian Stewards are being accepted through March 31, 2018. You are welcome to make a nomination online by clicking the link above.
Nominate by Mail:
Download a PDF of the nomination form.